Having lost or mis-placed Saber’s previous slicker brush (Which I use a lot as Saber has a thick double coat). I decided to purchase a new one. I chose the Thunderpaws Self Cleaning Pet Slicker Brush. It had a lot of good reviews on Amazon
Plus I own a Thunderpaws car seat cover that is of good quality and which I reviewed here
Manufacturers Description Of Thunderpaws Self Cleaning Pet Slicker Brush.
- ESSENTIAL GROOMING TOOL – Perfect for maintaining and conditioning of your pet’s coat. Our slicker brush is designed to remove dirt, dead hair, knots, mats and tangles from dogs and cats of all coat types and sizes. With regular use, our slicker brush will also reduce shedding from your pet
- DESIGNED WITH DOG AND CAT WELLNESS IN MIND – Made from stainless steel. The fine bent wire bristles on our slicker brush is designed to penetrate deep into your pet’s coat without scratching your pet’s skin. The brush will also leave your pet with a soft and shiny coat after use while massaging them and improving blood circulation.
- EASY TO CLEAN – With one-click self cleaning, it’s really easy to remove all the hair from the brush for your next grooming session. Say goodbye to using disgusting brushes with hair stuck all over them! No more pulling hair out of the pins by hand
- ERGONOMIC AND EASY TO USE – Non-slip rubber handles that are ergonomically designed for a soft comfortable grip. Ensuring a safe brushing experience for you and your dog or cat. After finishing brushing, you can retract the bristles and store the slicker brush securely and safely.
- PURCHASE WITHOUT WORRY – Each Thunderpaws Slicker Brush comes with a lifetime warranty and 90-day 100% money back guarantee. If you find any quirks let our highly-rated, friendly and responsive after-sales support know and we’ll refund 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
Thunderpaws Self Cleaning Slicker Brush First Impressions
The brush arrived well packaged and is quite a heavy brush. It has quite a large head at five inches long and around two and three quarters inches wide.I therefore wonder how well cat owners and small dog owners would find the brush on their pets. I have to admit it is perfect for Saber as he is quite a large dog.
Using the brush
In use the brush is simple to use, simply push the button to extend the pins. The pins lock into place. Then when you need to get the fur of the brush, push the button once more and the pins recede. This leaves the dander easily wiped off from the brush head.
The pins are long enough to penetrate Sabers double coat and remove loose fur and dirt. They have a bend in the pins which seems to help the brush penetrate through thick fur like Sabers.
The handle on the brush is ergonomic and is easily held while brushing. It also has an indentation to rest your thumb. This makes it easier to control the brush and apply pressure as required.
The first thing I did before using the brush, was to run my fingers over the pin ends. This was to check that the pins were not too sharp as to cause discomfort were I to press on too hard. they weren’t thankfully as many other brushes I have picked up in pet stores are.
The brush did it’s job and removed loose fur from Saber, also it left his coat shiny and soft. I assume this is because when brushing his natural oils were spread well by the brush action on his coat.
Would I Recommend This Brush?
I would definitely say yes to that question as it is the best slicker brush I have used thus far. I just wonder how it would perform on smaller, thinner coated pets.
The lifetime warranty is also a bonus.
Maybe you have used one on your smaller pet? let me know in the comments section !