I purchased the Laika retractable dog lead after the failed trial with the QQPETS retractable dog lead. Which was I have to say was of a very poor quality.
However the Laika retractable dog lead, for a mere extra £3.00 is a completely different proposition.
- 🐶ERGONOMIC COMFORTABLE DESIGN: 360° tangle-free pet lead give more freedom to your pets to move around and will not get yourself wrapped up in the lead. Ergonomic grip and anti-slip handle provide a comfortable hold feeling. Two Sizes for your choice: M size suit for 15-30kg breed, L size suit for 25-50kg breed.
- 🐶DURABLILITY AND SAFETY: This Retractable Dog Lead’s case is made of premium ABS+TPR material, prevent case cracking by accidental falling. Take with reflective stiching nylon tape which can extends up to 5M, with a strong spring for smoothly retracting dog leash, ideal for powerful large dog, as well as medium sized and smaller dogs. And more safety when you working your dog at night with the reflective ribbon.
- 🐶UPGRADED LOCK SYSTEM: The reliable brake, lock and unlock button ensure the ribbon can extend and retract smoothly. Press the brake button to brake it, and slide the lock button forward to lock the leash. Slide the lock button backward to restore the free condition. Only to roll-on and roll-off with your thumb only, easy and safety.
- 🐶EXTRA BONUS: Here is a light-shaped portable dog waste bag dispenser(one roll bag include) for free together with the dog walking leash. It can connect with the dog leash case.
- 🐶WHAT YOU GET: 1*Retractable dog lead with one free waste dog bag cone. 1-year guarantee promise, for any product issue, the pet leash is totally free to refund or replace.
I have to say that the casing of the Laika retractable dog lead feels very strong and is not too heavy. The handle is very ergonomic and makes reaching the brake button very easy. It all seems to fall into place.
The brake button is very positive in use and feels right. It is a simple design and just works. Press down to brake and push forward to lock. The mechanism feels very positive and has a smooth practically noiseless action to it.
I have been using this lead for walks in the park and sometimes on the beach when it is busy and even with a bouncy GSD/Siberian the lead has held up well.
It has never tangled dragged or stuck it just works.
As I have stated before I would not use this style of lead when walking near roads, or in built up Urban areas. But for walks round the park, beach and in the countryside where control is needed while allowing the dog some freedom this is the lead I use now.
It is also used for Saber’s ongoing training and all in all it works well. I would recommend this lead to anyone looking for a new flexi style dog lead.
Mine is the the Large size which is for dogs up to 50Kg.
One other thing is that it comes with a poop bag dispenser, which for a change is not bone shaped or of a poor quality.
Did I mention that the colour is nice too………